- SOFT RELINES -
A permanent soft liner is a layer of soft material that is fitted to the surface of a denture and rests next to the oral tissues. In short, a soft liner acts as a cushion or shock absorber between the hard plastic base of a denture and the gums. Soft liners can be used in the fabrication of new dentures or placed in existing dentures.
IS A SOFT LINER RIGHT FOR YOU?
Permanent soft liners provide comfort and relief for individuals with:
• severely receded or flat gums that do not tolerate the stress of dentures.
• chronic soreness.
• gums with prominent or sharp bony areas.
ADVANTAGES OF SOFT LINERS
• greater comfort (a significant number of denture wearers with chronic discomfort
have experienced great relief).
• clinical evidence indicates that almost everyone tolerates soft liner
• with soft liners, many denture wearers report that they can chew food
• a proven technology, soft liners have been offered to patients for over 20
years, and over that time the materials and technology have steadily
THINGS TO THINK ABOUT WITH SOFT LINERS
• greater consideration in the use of proper cleaners and good home care must
be given to soft liners.
• soft liners require regular follow-up visits with a Denturist to examine the fit
of dentures, the health of a patient’s oral tissues, and to ensure